tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 21 10:18:44 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wovmoHwI'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

<< << Klingon word: wovmoHwI'
<< << Part of speech: noun
<< << Definition: light (lamp)

We have two known examples:

  telDaq wovmoHwI'mey
  Wing Lights (KBoP)

  wovmoHwI' moQ
  light bulb (TNK)

qunnoQ HoD:
>>> Because (lamp) was added by me to clarify that this is a light source
>>
>> so,it could be used to describe the afterburner of an aircraft too ?
>> or is it only applied to sources of light, used solely for <<domestic>> purposes ?

naHQun:
> Pause for a second and break down the Klingon word (wov -moH -wI')
> What meaning do you get from the word now?

qunnoQ, {wov} "be light, be bright" (v) in canon FYI:

  SuD Dargh 'ej wov
  The tea is {SuD} and light. (KGT)

  SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh
  The tea that is {SuD} and light. (KGT)

[i.e. two ways to refer to tea with "a yellowish tinge"]

  Qapqu' wovmoHbogh janHommey
  It even has working lights! (Hallmark commercial)

["It" was Hallmark's Bird-of-Prey Christmas tree ornament]

  nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'
  Our lives burn short and bright. (Anthem)

  wov; ghI'boj Sech rur
  bright as the Torch of G'boj (KGT)

--
Voragh