tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 26 12:51:23 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Naming a star base?

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I believe you are both right, in that 'ejyo'waw' suggests a connection to Starfleet, and that not all starbases are space stations.

Three examples of known ground-based starbases:

Farpoint Station: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Farpoint_Station
"the [Dominion] starbase on Trelka V": http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Trelka_V
Starbase 11: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Starbase_11

...and a few that are presumably gound-based:

Starbase Montgomery: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Starbase_Montgomery
"the starbase on Otar Two": http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Otar_II
"the starbase on Zayra IV": http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Zayra_IV
Starbase Earhart: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Starbase_Earhart