tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 04 07:43:45 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: num

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, June 04, 2015
>
> Klingon word: num
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: promote
> Source: TKD

tlhIngan Hol Danummo' pIquvmoH
Because you promote the Klingon language, we honor you. FMC

Danumlu'.  Sa' Damoj.
Promoted to general. MKE

CULTURE NOTES:
"Promotion due to the death of a crewmate is commonplace on Klingon ships. [...] I honor Data's memory as I did Lieutenant Yar's by attempting to perform their duties as well as they did." (Worf to Troi, TNG "the Most Toys")

SEE ALSO:
tungHa' 	encourage (v)
tung  	discourage (v)

Sugh 		install [in office] (v)
moj		become (v)
cho' 		succeed (to authority) (v)
gheS 		assume duties of, take on responsibilities (v)
Son 		relieve (v)
paj 		resign (v)
lu 		fall from power (v)

cho' 		succession (n)
nubwI' 	predecessor (n)
woQ 		authority, political power (n)
ngup 		authority, power, one in authority, one in charge (slang) (n)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons