tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 23 07:08:41 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wejwa'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, January 23, 2015
>
> Klingon word: wejwa'
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: flavor, taste
> Source: Agnieszka Solska email to KLI mailing list containing a list of
> new words (Jan 26th 2012)

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

KGT 86:  The verb {mum} ("taste") means sense flavors. To say {Soj vImum} ("I taste the food") is to say "I perceive a flavor or flavors", not "I try out the food to see if it is prepared properly". This latter meaning of taste is expressed by the verb {waH}, which can also be used more generally to mean {try out, test, use experimentally".

PUN:
wej wa' = 31 (i.e. 31 flavors)

SEE ALSO:
lev 		palate (n)