tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 20 10:17:06 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] tagha' MARSDaq BEAGLE2 nejwI’’e’ chillu’bogh lutulu’

lojmitti7wi7nuv ([email protected])

You didn’t give an English translation for what you were trying to say, so I can’t be sure.

I think your sentence is valid, if you meant to say “The in-order-to-roam-on-the-fourth-planet-of-the-Terran-star-system something is complex.” To be clearer, there’s a thing; a something. This something has a purpose. It’s purpose is to roam on the fourth planet of the Terran star system. This something is complex.

And no, there is no “sentence as subject” construction, but a verb with {-meH} is not a sentence. It’s a dependent clause when applied to a main verb, and a descriptive clause when applied to a noun, like {vay’}.

So, if you meant something different than I’ve described above, please provide your translation so we can help figure out how to get there from here.

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Retired Door Repair Guy