tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 09 02:23:09 2015

[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Assistant (was: Re: Klingon Word of the Day: pegh)

Anthony Appleyard ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I have just looked at it, but where in itI do I search for an English word or a Klingon word? I found in it what looked like a searcher and tried it with "ship" and "Duj" and "Dujmey", but got no results.

How far will it analyse if given a long word with several prefixes and suffixes?

----Original message----
From : [email protected]
Date : 09/01/2015 - 09:41 (GMTST)
To : [email protected]
Subject : Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pegh

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv:
> I wish that Okrand and a publisher would provide The Compleat Klingon Dictionary, perhaps electronically so that we could have updates. Annotations. Examples of useage. Explicit commitment in the definition to allow or exclude direct objects.
> It would place more of a burden on the author of the book than any centralized entity has taken on so far, but the truth is, this burden must be born somewhere, and in this case spreading the burden among more shoulders doesn’t make the burden born by each shoulder any lighter.

I'm not Marc Okrand, but I do maintain {boQwI'}, which is basically
exactly what you've just described.

1. It's electronic (though it's available only on Android, and with
some effort on Windows, OS X, and Chrome OS).
2. It's open source and updatable by anyone (although in practice only
Lieven and I have made updates to the database).