tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 24 07:43:16 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nov

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, February 24, 2015
>
> Klingon word: nov
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: alien, outsider, foreigner

loghDaq lupDujHom qoDDaq bIlengtaHvIS, nIbuQbogh novpu' DaSuv
Battle menacing aliens in a shuttlecraft journey through space. STX

nov DorwI'
alien escort CK (i.e. a tour guide)

KGT 153:  In time, the Hur'q came to symbolize any non-Klingon. Actually, in Klingon, a Hur'q person would be {Hur'Iqngan}, while {Hur'Iq} refers to Hur'q society or their homeland. This shorter word took on the slang meaning of "outsider, foreigner". The standard term for "foreigner, alien" is {nov}.

"You are an enemy alien. You will be under our scrutiny at all times." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

SEE ALSO:
nov  		be foreign, be alien (v)
Huj 		be strange (v)
jum 		be odd (v)