tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 04 14:02:47 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Dojmey

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, February 04, 2015
>
> Klingon word: Dojmey
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: mass, masses, multitude, a very large but indeterminate
> group of something (people or otherwise)
> Source: Star Trek Into Darkness, qepHom 2013

'ej Dojmey wID - vInDa'ma' peq.
He has killed many of our people.
("and he massacred multitudes - he slaughtered our compatriots") STID

Lieven (11/11/2013):  This word is derived from {Doj} "batch, pile, heap, accumulation" plus {-mey}, the general plural suffix. Even if referring only to beings capable of using language, one would normally not say *{Dojpu'}.

N.B. Do not confuse with the homophonous verb {Doj} "be impressive" nor the noun {Doch} "thing".

SEE ALSO:
luch 		equipment, gear (n)
tep 		cargo, goods (n)
'aH  		paraphernalia (n)