tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 09 09:23:57 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon word for "arrow"

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

As the weapon that shoots tIH would have chronologically followed the weapon
that shoots arrows, and as an arrow doesn't seem to me to be 'like a beam or
ray but smaller, less important or less substantial' I don't like tIHHom. I
immediately thought of naQjejHom when I saw the question on Facebook, and
there Felix beat me to posting that suggestion.  The arrow is, from an
engineering perspective, a modification of the spear.

Whether the bow is a naQjejHom moy'bI' or a kind of chetvI' I'm not sure.

- Qov