tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 06 03:08:20 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' report

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

> pollaH pagh polHa'laH, qar'a'? A distinction without a difference, so
> to speak? (Or is Marc only speaking "ex cathedra" when Maltz is
> summoned? :-) )

I tend to think of Marc's statements as being "tiered"; there are those which are written down, those that are spoken but premeditated, those that he makes on the fly with an air of certainty, and those that he makes on the fly with an air of doubt.

His statements on the fly are still canon in my view, but can easily be overridden by more thoroughly considered statements.

There are those who don't view those on-the-fly statements as canon at all, but, well ... maQoch 'e' wIQochbe'.

> He was receptive to that, and also mentioned that now he has retired
> he isn’t quite as concerned about the need to be “family-friendly.”

Oh, what a time to be alive!