tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 09 07:20:22 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Using betleH vocabulary (was RE: Klingon Word of the Day: jIrmoH)

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Oh I have no problem with any of those. I read program (a computer) as clarifying that it isn't programming a conference.  It's when a word gets expanded to cover all its English meanings that I get sad. Like if someone tried to use ghuS to mean ready to go shopping. Sure one could be metaphorically ready to launch herself I to the shopping mall, but once that gets understood the word ends up losing its clear connection to missiles.