tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 07 12:31:57 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wej

SuStel ([email protected])

On 4/7/2015 3:23 PM, Robyn Stewart wrote:
So let's imagine I'm stuck in a who's on first type routine with SuStel,
with him still not understanding how many warriors I see.  You can have fun
teasing ambiguity out of most of these if you're obstinate and imaginative
about context. I suppose that "wej (3)" on legal documents is very important
in Klingon.

pagh vIlegh. wej paw SuvwI'pu'.

SuvwI' ghaHbe' pagh'e' 'e' Damaq'a'? chIch ghaH DatIch'a'?
(Okay, that one's not fair...)

(By {wej paw SuvwI'pu'} I suppose you meant this isn't yet the time for warriors to arrive, rather than that warriors haven't arrived yet?)

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/