tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 30 08:56:15 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] chay' Dochvam DaDel? "Klingon Empire" spray skirt

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

lojmitti7wi7nuv:
> 'etDaq ngaQmoHwI' teqmeH tlhegh vIyuvHa'. SIbI' jInarghlaH. jInoghnISbe'.
> [We don't have a word for "hip". Should I call it my leg's shoulder?

Nope.  Call it {'IvtIH} "hip" (revealed at qepHom'a' 2011).

> [We don't have a word for "float". I guess Klingons don't regularly
> find themselves in water...] bIQ ghor vIghoS (yIvbeH le' vItuQmo').

Stationary floating no, but if you're slowly drifting along you can use {vIH} "move, be in motion":  *{QIt bIQ ghorDaq jIvIH}.  It happen rarely, but Klingons do {Qal} "swim" (TNK) and {HaH'egh} "soak oneself (slang)":

KGT 91:  The verb {HaH} [...] is now often used in the more general sense of "soak, drench". It is frequently heard in the reflexive form ({HaH'egh} "soak oneself") in reference to such activities as drinking a great deal, which has positive connotations, and bathing, an occasional undertaking with negative connotations.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons