tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 22 07:19:18 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: bIj

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, October 22, 2014
>
> Klingon word: bIj
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: punish

  qabIj
  I punish you. KGT

TREK TRIVIA:

"You'll find there are many rules and regulations. They will be posted. Violation of the smallest of them will be punished by death." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

"You can't turn me over to the Klingons. They don't just imprison you... Do you know what the punishment is for fraud?" (Yranac, [a terrified Yridian who had twelve outstanding arrest warrants for fraud and petty theft in the Klingon Empire] to Riker, TNG "Gambit Pt. I")

Kortar, the ferryman on the mythical Barge of the Dead, destroyed the gods who created him and, as punishment, was condemned to ferry the souls of the dishonored dead over the River of Blood to the gates of Grethor. (VOY "Barge of the Dead")

SEE ALSO:

Hup		punish (v) [difference from {bIj} not known]

bIj  		punishment (n)
jIp 		penalty (n)
ruv 		justice (n)
Sun 		discipline (n)