tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 25 12:58:29 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] "A Klingon Christmas Carol" trailer

SuStel ([email protected])

On 11/25/2014 3:50 PM, Lieven wrote:
Am 25.11.2014 um 21:34 schrieb SuStel:
To my knowledge we have no canonical example of an explicit noun or
pronoun in the object position for {ja'}. We have prefixes only, but
those are prefix-tricky.

TKD:
"I told you" {qaja'pu'}
"Don't tell him" {yIja'Qo'}

Voragh certainly has more...

I always saw the verb in meaning of "report to someone" or "talk to
someone", regardless whether you call this direct or indirect object. I
do not see this as the prefix trick.

We also have two similar examples for direct speech for this:

ST3 (line with wrong subtitles)
"I told you: only engines" {qaja'pu': jonta' neH}

repeated in TKD:
"I told you: don't interrupt me" {qaja'pu': HIqaghQo'}

None of those have an explicit noun or pronoun object on them.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/