tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 10:35:14 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Maltz about "The Klingon Art of War"

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> naj dream is a verb that can take as an object something that is being
> dreamt of.  So qul naj is dream(s) about fire or dream(s) of fire.
> <<<

Brad:
>> Could we expect then that {naj} would "not" use {'e'} with SAO ?
>> {tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh vInaj}

Felix:
> I would expect that it does.
>
>   <tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh 'e' vInaj.>
>   = "I speak Klingon. I dream about [the previous sentence]."
>   ~ "I dream about me speaking Klingon."
>
> Note that <naj> probably refers to imagining things while sleeping (hence
> <najmoHwI'> = "lullaby"), rather than the sort of dreaming that Martin
> Luther King jr. is famous for.[]

Another way of using {naj} with {-taHvIS} was heard in "Power Klingon":

  bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj
  May you encounter Kahless in your dreams! PK

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons