tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 15 13:48:03 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Seeking a paragraph's translation

DataPacRat ([email protected])

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 2:56 PM, DataPacRat <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Is there any more detail that you want the word "hike" to evoke?
>>
>> -- ghunchu'wI'
>
> In English, I used the word 'hike' instead of 'walk' since it implies
> 'walk, long distances, through forests and wilderness, for pleasure';
> but since a lot of languages don't contain such a term, falling back
> to simple 'walk' is what I generally expect.

In case anyone's curious, I've put an initial, extremely rough draft
up at datapacrat.com/ice (which redirects to
http://www.datapacrat.com/ice/ice-chit.html ), which I /believe/ I've
arranged to include both Latin and pIqaD. If it doesn't work for you,
please let me know, and I'll see if I can figure out a fix.

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Then again, I could be wrong."/<<choqImmo'pu' qatlho'.>>