tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 15 11:34:39 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] squirrel

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

Quite right you are: It's in DS9: "Sons of Mogh", where Kurn calls Odo and his officers koruts:

KURN (slurred): Stay back... you... you miserable koruts...
ODO: Easy... nne of us koruts are going to hurt you...

Source: http://www.st-minutiae.com/academy/literature329/487.txt

That episode aired 22 years before "A Burning House" was published, so it's not impossible that DeCandido took some inspiration from that.