tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 15 09:55:31 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] squirrel

Jeremy Silver ([email protected])

On Saturday 15 Nov 2014 09:15:31 DloraH wrote:
> > Though it would have been a good opportunity for someone to
> > submit something like:
> > Sa'HutDaq pob'a' ghajbogh Sor qorvIt
>
> nuq 'oH qorvIt'e'?  mu'vetlh vIghovbe'.
> nuq 'oS [pob'a'] mu''e'?  [law'] rurba'be' [-'a'].  tlhuQ rurba'be'
> [pob'a'].
>
> [squirrel] 'oH QInvam per'e', vaj squirrel 'oSlaw' mu'tlheghvetlh, 'ach
> jIHvaD mu'tlheghvetlh jatlhchugh vay', squirrel vIqelbe'.

qorvIt - rodent like animal listed as a farm pest, according to my notes canon
from a novel I think. Could have chosen a Qa', if a Qa'Hom is too small, or
some other small animal. No idea if a boqrat is anything like a rat but it
might work.

Perhaps [pob law' ] may work better for "hairy". Thanks for the correction,
though many/numerous does not seem to fit a noun like "hair" to my
understanding.

Otherwise I was referencing a specific colloquial expression referring to the
genus in question, you may be unfamiliar with it as a cursory search indicates
its usage is a lot rarer than I thought. As I doubt students/teachers of this
particular language have tender ears (if you do turn away now), the term is
"hairy arsed tree rat".

mupwI'