tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 09 13:15:34 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon now available as a language for Google Translator Toolkit

De'vID ([email protected])

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM, De'vID <[email protected]> wrote:
> This means you can now, for example, easily caption videos for YouTube
> in Klingon:
> http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/24/youtube-expands-translation-tools-for-video-captions-to-300-languages/
>
> Someone please test this and post the video. :-)

Does anyone know of any YouTube videos subtitled in Klingon besides
this one (you might have to change the subtitle language to see
Klingon)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqNAm9fwjI&cc_load_policy=1&cc_lang_pref=tlh

It's a scene from Jean-Luc Godard's "Breathless" ("À bout de
souffle"). The dialogue is rather insulting to women. It's a classic
movie and the scene makes sense in context, but I'm giving a
presentation on Klingon in a few days and would rather show a video
with more neutral content that I don't have to explain.

(Actually, there's this other video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_job6BSZteE - starring yours truly,
but the Klingon subtitles are pretending to be another language for
reasons too complicated to explain here. I want to actually show the
"Klingon" subtitle option in action.)

--
De'vID