tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 01 20:30:03 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Juggling

De'vID ([email protected])

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 4:05 PM, lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Perhaps when combined with “in order that the right hand catch it” phrase, {jaD} would work, but then we have the problem of not having a great word for “catch”. {Hev} is, for me, the best answer so far, but it still feels like one of those near-miss words that doesn’t carry the full meaning of the simple word “catch”.

Surely, the action of grasping a ball which was formerly not in one's
hand is {'uchchoH}.

We also have that line "Don't catch any bugs" {ghewmey tISuqQo'} from
ST:VI, but I think "catch" in this sense is idiomatic for "attract" or
"be infected by". Although, {Suq} seems like it might work for
catching a ball out of the air, too.

--
De'vID