tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 19 06:50:43 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qoch

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

gheyIl:
>> There is no reason to think that {qoch} only means partner in
>> the "person" sense.  I could imagine 2 support structures as
>> being partners {beb Qutlh reDvam qochDaj je}

Note {chang'eng} "pair" (n):

  nISwI': cha' chang'engmey (telDaq lujomlu', nItebHa' lubaHlu')
  Disruptor - 2 Pairs (Wing Mounted, Fire Linked)  (KBoP)

BTW those large ceiling supports flanking the captain's chair on the bridge of a BoP that look like giant shock absorbers are called {qoD QutlhwI' ngaDmoHwI'} "inner support stabilizer" (KBoP Poster) if that's what you were thinking of.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons