tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 08 08:26:05 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] wornagh per

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

janSIy:
>>> They are missing some punctuation that would help you.  Try
>>> this:  bogh tlhInganpu', SuvwI'pu' moj, Hegh. batlh bIHeghjaj.

De'vID:
>> It's supposed to say {SonchIy}, the earlier version had

Lieven:
> Yes, that's what came into my mind immediately, but I dropped it
> imedieately, because how is that related to the beer or to the KAG?

In my notes I have a note from the _Star Trek: Encyclopedia_ on {SonchIy}:

   A special death ritual confirming the death of a leader as part
   of the Rite of Succession to leadership of the High Council
   (lit. "He is dead" [TNG: Reunion])

Perhaps someone googled "He is dead" or {Hegh} and found a reference to {SonchIy} which they liked the sound of?

Suggesting your product might kill you doesn't sound like a good advertising to me, though Klingons have a different attitude to these things:

  Heghlu'DI' mobbe'lu'chugh QaQqu' Hegh wanI'
  Death is an experience best shared.  (TKW)

TKW 73:  One of the purposes of the Klingon Tea Ceremony, in which two friends share poisoned tea as a test of bravery, is to remind one of this truism. The ceremony, which is usually observed in periods of relative calm, between wars, probably came about as a way to reinforce and celebrate certain beliefs about warfare so central to Klingon culture. The ceremony symbolically acknowledges the dignity of death in battle, and it also pays tribute to warriors who battle alongside one another.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons