tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 06:24:20 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Audio recordings of Klingon speech?

David Holt ([email protected])

I have installed the app, but the text-to-spinach balloon is not appearing on my boQwI' or in the share list. Is there a further step I need to take?

janSIy

--- Original Message ---

From: "De'vID" <[email protected]>
Sent: May 6, 2014 3:20 AM
To: "tlhIngan-Hol" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Audio recordings of Klingon speech?

De'vID:
>>>Are there any audio recordings of decent amounts of well-pronounced spoken
>> Klingon which aren't subject to copyright restrictions?
>>>
>>>I am working on a Text-To-Speech engine and need to sample a largish
>>>amount of Klingon audio. (But I can't use CK and PK because of
>>>copyright.)

And... here it is.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tlhInganHol.android.klingonttsengine

So far I've recorded audio only for the "most common" sounds by my
estimate. I've programmed the engine to cough when it can't produce a
sound, so it'll cough quite a lot at this stage if you try to get it
to say arbitrary things, although I believe it is now able to speak
every sentence in the "Beginner's Conversation" section of {boQwI'}
without coughing.

Let me know if you think my (or, um, my Android clone's) pronunciation
is seriously wrong for any input. (It does sound a bit robotic and
choppy, and every syllable is equally stressed unlike what TKD says
the stress pattern should be, but unless I record a lot of audio and
do something a lot more clever than what I'm doing now - which is
basically string audio files together back-to-back - there's not much
I can do to fix that.)

--
De'vID