tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 31 07:47:12 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'ejyo'waw'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Okrand (via Voragh):
>> TKD 20:  There are, however, no known Klingon words {'ej}, {Do'},
>> or {yo'} that have anything to do with Starfleet, starships, the
>> Federation, or space vehicles of any kind.

Lieven:
> It remains to be noted that years after the publication of the book, the
> word {yo'} has been used several times with the meaning of "fleet".
> So much for the evolution of the language :-)

I think Okrand's point was that these words don't refer specifically/exclusively to *space* travel.  Like us, Klingons seem to have adapted existing ocean-going naval terminology when they ventured out into space.

Or Okrand simply forgot that he had already coined {yo'} <g>.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons