tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 15 20:44:25 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Last X and testament?

Rohan Fenwick ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
poHmey vav puqloDpu' puqloDpu'chaj je quvHa'moH vav quvHa'ghach} "the
dishonour of the father dishonours his sons and their sons for three
generations" (TKW p.155). This is explicitly supported by the (non-canon) events by which Worf and Kurn are held responsible for the alleged treason of Mogh some twenty years after Mogh's death (TNG "The Sins of the Father").<br><br>2) We know that even the status of a living person survives their death:
 the {bIreqtal} ritual is "the ceremony in which the killer of the
leader of a Klingon house marries the widow and thereby becomes the head
 of the house itself" (KGT p.11), which carries the clear implication
that the death of the House leader does not immediately terminate all
rights of his wife to continue to be recognised as a member of that
House.<br><br>3) We know that wealth and status are both matters of inheritance:
"[T]here are clear distinctions between those with great wealth and
influence and those with little or none. This sort of status is a matter
 of inheritance" (KGT p.36). The passage about the {bIreqtal} also implies this:  marriage to the widow of a deceased head of House seems to be a prerequisite of becoming the new head, indicating that the
 widow serves as a sort of caretaker head for inheritance purposes and the observance of the {bIreqtal} is necessary to transfer those rights to the new head.<br><br>4) We know that the High Council is
capable of exercising jurisdiction over House property rights: "If the
High Council determines an action to be dishonorable, not only
may it remove the leader of a house from the Council itself, it may also