tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 05 02:45:54 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] prelude to Axanar

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

Yup; there are several Klingon-speakers involved in Axanar, being led by Christopher Kidder.

Haven't heard anything about translations for Prelude to Axanar, yet, but we know they care about getting it right and they know how to contact us, so I wouldn't be surprised if Prelude includes some Klingon.

By the way, whenever they mention that it's "History Channel style", I can't help but think of this guy ;)
http://hateandanger.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/what-aliens-do-on-earth-what-humans-do-on-mars.jpg

From: De'vID [[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 07:52
To: tlhIngan-Hol
Subject: [Tlhingan-hol] prelude to Axanar

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194429923/star-trek-prelude-to-axanar
Is anyone here involved with this?

There's apparently going to be "documentary"-style interviews with the
Klingon captain Kharn. (You know, the ones like on the history channel
where they'll show a re-enactment of an event, then switch to a
historian - or a participant for events recent enough - who'll comment
about it.)

Would be nice if the Klingon captain spoke in Klingon, and there were
either English subtitles or voice-over. (Often, when they interview
someone who speaks a different language for these things, they'll do a
voice-over but you can still hear the person talking in the
background, and you can listen to that instead if you understand
his/her language.)

--
De'vID