tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 28 07:56:08 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] puS

DloraH ([email protected]) [Hol po'wI']

ghomvamvaD QInvetlh lab'a'?  vIHevbe', 'ej ... 'ej... chay' jIjatlh...

Was that original post sent to the list?  I never received it, nor was it in my spam filter.

> 	The definition for {puS} in TKD has always bothered me
> - be few, be several, be a handful.
> 	To me a handful is a few, but several is more than
> that. I wouldn't put these together in meaning.
> 	I usually just ignore the "several" entry and use
> {law'} instead for several/many.
> 	How do others reconcile this?
>

> 	gheyIl

A student has "several" books in his bag.  Another student has only two.
The first student has [law'] and the other student has [puS].

He goes in to a library.  Even though he still has "several" books, he now has [puS] and the library
has [law'].

-- DloraH