tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 24 08:55:14 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Question on Klingon Negation

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Chelsea Knauf <[email protected]> wrote:
> Newbie here with a question about negation in Klingon.  Does Klingon double
> negate?

The simple answer: probably not. We've never seen a double negative in
anything we consider a canonical example, and we know Klingon is able
to *not* use them. One of the Useful Klingon Expressions in the
appendix of The Klingon Dictionary is {not vIleghpu'} "I've never seen
him/her before." That would be a perfect opportunity to use a double
negative, but there isn't one.

-- ghunchu'wI'