tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 09 17:29:24 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: poS

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Gaerfindel <[email protected]>:

> A small story {bomHom} I've composed on that:

> {jagh' chaH cha' vaj, 'ach paS DeSDu' 'uchchup, loDni' rur. Suvba'vhugh,
DaqtaghmeyDajvaD nIH ghItDu' neH.}

standard grammar wants -'e' on vaj.
paS -> poS
-chup -> -chuq
loDni - > loDnI'
-vhugh  -> -chugh
-Daj -> -chaj

You're missing a verb at the end so nIH is automatically interpreted as one,
meaning that  you've written "For his d'ktaghs the flat hands merely steal."
An appropriate verb would be ratlh.

Note that ghIt refers to a hand held open and flat. If you're going to grip
a dagger, you would use a ghop.

> SKI: Two enemies meet and grip each other's left arms, leaving the right
hands free to draw their daggers.

> ~quljIb

- Qov

.. who most certainly has made every one of those errors in the past year,
because the more you write, the more errors you make, but that's how you
learn. Typos count as errors because they are hard for beginners to
interpret, and make it hard for advanced students to know whether you know
whether you need Klingon language help, or just typing lessons.