tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 03 13:08:03 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Objects with -moH

De'vID ([email protected])

> Felix:
>>> I've never seen it written down, but in the opening of the song from <qul
>>> tuq> in the Star Trek: Klingon game, I'm fairly certain they sing <'o meQ
>>> qul! 'o meQ chal!>

Voragh:
> Mike Neff's useful transcription of KCD has something different:
>
>   [Qua'lon]
>   It is a score to {qul tuq}.  {qul tuq}.  Can it be you have never
>   heard the opera that tells the tale of our family's house?
>     [-- singing --]
>   uuaaooo ma-kool aaaooo ma-sar reshuv tak yak bo ej gogh bow ghotpu'.

It sounds to me like:
{'o meQ qul! 'o meQ chal! reH SuvtaH yoHbogh 'ej ghoHbogh ghotpu'!}

Possibly the first {-bogh} verb is {jaq}, but I think it's {yoH}. The
second {-bogh} verb might be {HoH}, depending on how the actor thinks
{j} and {y} are pronounced in Klingon.

You can listen yourself here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3vF9LXZePE&t=9m51s

--