tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 30 08:23:05 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep’a’Daq mu’mey chu’ lu’angta’’a’ matlh?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
>> We have two new proverbs, but did Maltz reveal any new words?

Qov:
> Not while I was present, but I left before Marc did on Sunday.

choSovmoHmo' qatlho'.  I wondered why we weren't discussing any new words to death.

> Marc did tell me that Maltz had been unfamiliar with the English word
> "rant" until he saw it in one of my posts (yes! Maltz reads the list
> sometimes, poor guy), and that Marc had to explain it to him. He did
> not produce a Klingon equivalent, which implies perhaps that there
> isn't an exact match.

{tlhoy jatlh} "talk excessively" comes to mind but how about *{jatlhqu'}?  People often overlook {-qu'} "emphatic" with action verbs.  E.g.

  tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  Hit them hard and hit them fast. TKW

  naDev Dochvetlh qemqu'
  I really mean it this time! Bring that here! PK

  qara'qu'
  That's an order. (ST5 notes)

Hmm... *{jatlhqu'taH} "rant and rave"??

--