tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 28 14:08:04 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' Proverbs

Only four proverb submissions in each category merited an "honorable
mention". A few others were deemed "otherwise mentionable". Some
narrowly missed the cut but still deserve to be seen. Some earned
their shot at notoriety by being sufficiently amusing.

  paq SuD vIqonta'be'.
  "[At least] I didn't write the blue book."

  gheb rIl jagh 'e' yIQoy!
  "Hear the enemy sound the horn!"

  Qa'Hom!
  "Squirrel!"

  pe''egh loD QIv neH jagh QIv SuvtaHvIS.
  "Only a lesser man keeps score when fighting a lesser enemy."

  'Iw pIHlu'DI', rut yap Ho'Du'.
  "When blood is expected, sometimes teeth suffice."

  tlhIm 'emDaq ghaHbogh loDvetlh'e' yIbuSHa'.
  "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

  Dujmey Qaw' wuSDu' QeyHa'.
  "Loose lips destroy ships."

  Heghpu'chugh wa', pegh 'avlaH cha'.
  "Two can guard a secret if one is dead."

  pegh choja'chugh vI'angbe'.
  "If you tell me a secret, I won't tell!"

  pagh'e' vISov!
  "I know NOTHING!"

  magh'egh qoH neH.
  "Only a fool betrays himself."