tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 27 11:03:06 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' Proverbs

Gaerfindel ([email protected])

On 7/27/2014 4:12 AM, Lieven wrote:
...And so we had our winners!

The Replacement Proverb selected was:
jagh yIbuStaH - focus on the enemy!
submitted by Qanqor

The Secrecy Proverb selected was:
'Iw HIq yap tu'lu'be'
sufficient blood wine does not exist
submitted by 'angghal

I'm wondering...

How are these actually used in the context of Klingon conversation? For example, the Secrecy Proverb (I really don't understand what that title mean BTW) I see being used in a situation where a stupid idea has been proposed (like, say, mating with Be'tor) and an older, wiser Klingon pointing out that it would *never* happen.

jalth tlhIngan wa'DIch:  manga'chuqlaH be'etor jIH je.

jang tlhIngan cha'DIch:  'Iw HIq yap tu'lu'be'.

qar'a'?

~quljIb