tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 07 14:01:20 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] ghargh, Hod je -- vaghDIch

lojmitti7wi7nuv ([email protected])

{HoD} means "Captain".

I'd suggest:

{wa'logh qIptaHvIS HuD, wejlogh qIplaH ghargh.}

The point here is that the serpent can strike three times while the mountain strikes once.

The difference between {-DI'} and {-taHvIS} is subtle, but important in this example. {-DI'} implies an instant when something happens. {-taHvIS} implies a duration while something happens. In this case, the mountain's instant is a duration for the serpent, and while that duration occurs, it can strike three times.