tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 02 07:41:35 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Too short

SuStel ([email protected])

On 7/2/2014 10:23 AM, [email protected] wrote:
There's still the issue of "A, B, C, and D" being the way you use
commas and conjunctions in English for either nouns or verbs, while
nouns in Klingon would be {A, B, C, D je} and verbs would be {A 'ej B
'ej C 'ej D}.

There is a canonical example of A, B, 'ej C. I can't remember what it is. Possibly on a Skybox card?

I could easily be wrong because canon seems to omit and avoid this
kind of listing of verbs. Okrand even goes to lengths like {tInbogh
Doch Doq} to describe a "big red thing" to avoid dealing with giving
a noun two adjectives.

I don't remember anything in the form of {tInbogh Doch Doq}, though it's perfectly grammatical. We do have phrases of the forms {tInbogh Doch 'ej Doqbogh} and {tInbogh 'ej Doqbogh Doch}.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/