tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 01 22:56:31 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Beginner Story excerpt

PICHLMANN Christoph ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

You could add a blank after the qaghwI' when quotation marks follow. "qaghwI' " instead of "qaghwI'".
(I hope this hasn't been mentioned before - I'm reading the digest list, so I don't get all mails.)

Christoph

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:50:46 -0700
From: "Robyn Stewart" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Beginner Story excerpt

Ordinary quotation marks are not compatible with the Klingon language because words begin and end with the letter qaghwI?, creating an unreadable mess.

Daqna?DajDaq lut cherlu?DI? Sengveth jun HTML?e? ?ach wej mIw vIwuq. DaHjaj mIw ru? vIlo? ?ej lut?e? laD luneHchugh vay?, laDlaH.

loDnalwI?vaD jIjatlh, DuyonmoH?a? bertlham?
(ghaHvaD vImughta?).

jatlh ghaH, HISlaH, ?ej lut cha?DIch chaw? je.

- Qov