tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 00:55:41 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] centralised archive of new word sources

De'vID ([email protected])

De'vID:
>> I ask because I have a couple of things for which the only source is
>> Facebook, and old Facebook posts are either no longer accessible, or are
>> difficult to access now and may disappear in the future. For example, my
>> only source for the term {ghIn pIn} is a Facebook message, and similarly

Voragh:
> Hmm... I don't have this one although I would assume it's the person in charge of a {ghIn} "monastery":  abbot, abbess, high cleric, etc.

Yes, it's an abbot or abbess.

On August 28, 2013, Andrew Miller wrote:
[{lalDan yaS} is how 'priest' is translated in the Klingon Hamlet.
Incidentally Marc also mentioned once in my presence that an "abbot"
would be a {ghIn pIn}.]

There are other miscellaneous instances where people mentioned that
Marc said something to them which we for the most part already knew
about from other sources, so I didn't take particular note of them.
It's just unfortunately that Facebook is so... unsearchable.

De'vID:
>> for some other things. It would be nice if someone is collecting and
>> copying these messages so that they're more widely available.

Voragh: