tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 09 07:20:24 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghoch

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, January 09, 2014
>
> Klingon word: ghoch
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: track, track down

  qaghochnISlaH (?)
  I could trace [for you] ST6

{ghochwI'} ("The Tracker") is the title of a sculpture in Torghn's house, a 3D representation of {ghochwI'}, the name of the constellation in the Kahless myth containing the bright star which Boreth orbits.  The {Hov lat} is a "symbolic representation of the constellation known as 'The Tracker'.  The constellation contains the star which is believed to be where Kahless was pointing when he said, 'I will be there'."  The Chalice of Kahless is "placed before the {Hov lat}, where it is always left, filled with wine, in case--the saying goes--Kahless comes. The wine is replaced every ninth day." (KCD)

"We are hunters, Captain, tracking and taking what we need." (Mara, TOS "Day of the Dove")

Related words:

ghoch   	destination (n)

nej 		look for, seek, search for (v)
Sam 		locate [seek & find] (v)