tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 24 08:46:11 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qoH SuS je bopbogh lut'e'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
>> {ngogh} seems to be a (rectangular?) block/brick of something -- IOW a
>> 3-dimensional shape.  I.e.
>>     {ngogh}   block/brick  :  {letbaQ}  rectangle
>>     {buq'Ir}  cube         :  {meyrI'}  square

Lieven:
> That is very close, but I would not narrow it into "only" the geometrical
> form. I'd even guess that klingons would not describe a geometric cube as
> a {ngogh}, I'd prefer {letbaQ tut} (which is no canon example). With the
> definition "lump", a {ngogh} may also be the shape of a spit out chewing
> gum.
>
>> or lump or brick. [Maltz] said he's seen humans eating {yuch ngoghmey}
>
> And yuch ngoghmey can also have many different shapes, just as bread and
> cheese.[]

And pillows.  Or even bricks, for that matter.  Anyone know what shape Klingon building bricks or blocks are?  Ours are usually rectangular, but theirs could be triangular, circular, or something else for all we know.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons