tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 14 05:11:42 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] KLI-approved websites

On 2/14/2014 4:25 AM, Lieven wrote:

Those listed sites are indeed not KLI-approved - not yet! It is my
intention that some (not yet specified) group of the KLI checks a
website and then says "that one is okay". More or less as a coincidence,
most of the people capable of doing this, are or have been members of
the KLI, so what's the difference?

Who exactly is a member of the KLI? I don't remember the last time someone successfully became a member, or renewed their membership. I don't remember an officer of the KLI (just Lawrence or Mark, so far as I know) approving any committees.

Next, we are trying to make a standard for the Klingon language, and if
you like it or not, the KLI has become one.

Quite true. But a group of people on a mailing list can't just say, "We have decided that we are the voice of the KLI" and expect it to be true. You want the brand name, but you don't have the authority. The fact that you can't put your list on kli.org is a demonstration of this.

Talk to Lawrence and get him to agree to something.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/