tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 05 08:25:33 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Valentine's Day cards

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

De'vID:
> Anyone want to take a shot at translating them?
>
> Front: Love is a battlefield.
> Back:  And we will love victoriously.

Felix:
>> Front: che'ron 'oH parmaq'e',
t>> Back:  'ej may' Qap parmaqmaj.

Although I do like the sound of "love victoriously", how about:

Back:   'ej nItebHa' yay wIchav
"and together we will achieve victory"

Back:   'ej nItebHa' may'/noH wIQap
"and together we will win the battle/war"

Cf.

  noH QapmeH wo' Qaw'lu'chugh yay chavbe'lu'
  Destroying an empire to win a war is no victory  TKW

  nItebHa' molor HI''a' SuvvIpghach puj je HarghmeH yeq chaH
  United to do battle together! Against the tyrant Molor!
   Against fear and against weakness! PB

And WRT valentines, you could also do something romantic - or suggestive - with:

  yay chavlu' 'e' bajnISlu'
  Victory must be earned. TKW

--
Voragh