tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 05 07:00:23 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] "Klingon" in parody of Coke commercial

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

De'vID:
> nuqjatlh?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18mS4cLPOb8
>
> *{Doq 'ej sud hud ghItlhvetlhvtlhu vo'}???
>
> Apparently, it was supposed to be "for purple mountain majesties".
> Bing returns *{Doq 'ej SuD HuD ghItlhvetlh}

majesties -> {ghItlhvetlh} ("that manuscript")!! <g>

We do have a noun from Klingon Monopoly - {ngay'} "glory" - which might work for "majesty":

  wo' ngay' bochoqmeH bowIvlu'pu'!
  You have been chosen to preserve the glory of the Empire! MKE

Anyone know if all the new words from the last couple of years have been entered into the Bing database, or is it only those published in TKD and KGT?

> but where did *{vtlhu vo'} come from?

tlhu'  "be tempted"

vo'    "propel
-vo'    "from"

I can see Bing mis-using {-vo'} as "for", but {vtlhu} is a puzzle.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons