tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 13 04:38:30 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] keeping "KLI folklore" words in word lists

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I'm with Lieven on this one. Including it seems like a good idea because it would help learners parse texts, but I think those expressions are uncommon enough that the potential for confusion outweighs the potential for elucidation.

However, one alternative – which would require a bit extra work – would be to keep them in the database, but hidden.

Advanced users – those more likely to read the descriptions – could then go into the settings menu, select "Show apocrypha" or the like, and then they would show up (still marked somehow).

//loghaD

From: Lieven [[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 12:15
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] keeping "KLI folklore" words in word lists

Am 13.12.2014 um 10:41 schrieb De'vID:
> What's everyone's opinions on whether "KLI folklore" words like

I'd briefly answer: use canon only.

A longer answer would point to the problem that many people do not read
the entry completely so they may think the shown word is correct or real
canon. Once an incorrect/fake/noncanon word is flying around in the web,
it is really hard to catch it again (as happened with incorrect word
{qaqItlhneS}, based on {qaqIHneS} "I'm honored to meet you")

You never know who will copy your word list or learn from it and
reproduce it on other places, claiming it to be true klingon.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh