tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 07:02:54 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghIpDIj

SuStel ([email protected])

On 8/14/2014 9:44 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:
Voragh:
This is a rare two-syllable verb.

gheyIl: Do we know for certain that <ghIpDIj> (court-martial) is a
verb, and this is not an error in TKD? We know there were other
errors. Has it ever been used in canon to support the verb
definition?

AFAIK it's never appeared in canon.  I don't have a paperback TKD
with me; is <ghIpDIj> listed as a verb on both sides of the glossary
(English-Klingon, Klingon-English)?  Has anyone ever asked Okrand
about this?

I have the Kindle version with me, not the paper version, but the Kindle version has the same errors as the paper version, plus a few others. {ghIpDIj} is listed as a verb on both sides.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/