tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 14 21:00:58 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Multiple verb suffixes

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Apr 14, 2014, at 11:14 PM, "Bellerophon, modeler" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I wish now I could remember the example someone on this list cited, in which they interpreted a suffix as applying to the verb + the following suffix. It seems like it was something along the lines of {lo'moHlaH}, interpreted as "make usable" instead of "can cause to use." At the time I had no more reason to question this interpretation than a vague feeling.
>
> It seems like the combined action of multiple suffixes would be an important grammatical rule, though I have never seen one stated.

Power Klingon's suggested formula for declining an offered liaison:

DaH jIbwIj vISay'nISmoH
"I must wash my hair now."

Suffixes come in a specific order. That order does not always lend itself to translation in that rigid order.

-- ghunchu'wI'