tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 09 12:43:07 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] words for the letters

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

gheyIl:

>> I just discovered the words bay, chay, Day, etc which are used for the
>> sounds of the letters b, ch, D, etc.

Lieven:
> IIRC that was exactly the intention for these syllables. Maltz said that
> these are not the "names" of the letters, but one uses these sound to
> spell words.

I vaguely remember this, but I don't have it in my notes.  Lieven, if you've kept it would you post the original post?  Thanks.

>  Would you be comfortable using these words for the letters themselves
>  ... as in spelling out a word?
>  {chay' pongwIj vIghItlh?  ghay 'et yay 'It lay}

I suppose they could be the names for the tiles in Scrabble, but how else would you use these "words"?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons