tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 02 20:03:36 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] BKP - Klingon

Rohan Fenwick ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

ghItlhpu' De'vID, jatlh:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6pCaq8Urs
>
> Who did the translation?

No idea, I'm afraid.

taH:
> The fact that it was grammatical makes me think someone we know was involved.
>
> From here: http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php?topic=2291.0

A minor quibble with regard to your translation on the message board: {bejbogh ghom'a' law' wISIch} is perfectly grammatical as said; it doesn't need to be {DISIch}. Remember that {law'} can be translated as "be much, be numerous" in addition to "be many", so a single thing can be {law'}: fuel, food, a crowd. It doesn't translate well into English, but in Klingon it's perfectly well-formed to say {ghom'a' law'} "a many-in-number crowd, a large crowd".

QeS