tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 01 09:22:02 2014

[Tlhingan-hol] Blockly in Klingon

De'vID ([email protected])

Google's contribution to today's announcements of Klingon-language products:
http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2014/04/making-blockly-universally-accessible.html

Yes, it's an actual thing that works.

You can try a demo here (it's a controller for a Bird-of-Prey):
https://blockly-demo.appspot.com/static/apps/code/?lang=tlh#ortpyd

You can get involved here:
https://code.google.com/p/blockly/wiki/Klingon

The project is open-sourced, so volunteers can fix up the
translations. (I reviewed the ones on the main UI so they should be
mostly okay.)

Not only can you program in Klingon using Blockly, but maybe we can
even use Blockly as a tool to teach Klingon to programmers.

A program like this already scans sort of as Klingon:
teHchugh [So'wI' Dotlh]
    [So'wI' Dotlh] choH; teHbe'moH
teHtaHvIS ([peng] >= 1)
    [peng] boq -1