tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 17 11:55:58 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] -vo' question

Seruq ([email protected])

> > In most of the examples given, there might not be what we
> > would label "motion", but I see two
> > physical objects/locations involved.  What can be viewed
> > from a room involves the physical locations
> > of the room and where you are looking at.  Purchasing
> > involves a seller and a buyer.
> > The example given in the opening message, "I translate from
> > English to Klingon"... what is the
> > physical location of a language?
> >

> "I translate from English to Klingon" was given as an example of a
> phrase where you *couldn't* use -Daq or -vo', though.

That's what I was pointing out.  Things like languages don't have an actual location.  I was also
pointing out that -Daq and -vo' don't need "motion", as in those other examples where there were
still a physical presence/location involved.  I pointed that out because early in the thread someone
implied a restriction to "physical movement".

- DloraH